the next generation

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: the next generation
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 07:55:51 +0500
Fellow fiends:

I met a young boy in my neighborhood this past Saturday; he was selling
newspaper subscriptions and I was taking Old Whitesides out on some errands.
 Our conversation went something like:

He asked "What kind of car is that?"
I said, "Its an MG."
He asked, "No, I mean, what do you call it?"
I said, "Its called an MG."
He asked, "Well, who makes it?"
I said, "Uh, its and MG, MG made it."
"He asked, "No, I mean, does Ford make it or someone else?"
I said, "No, Ford didn't make it.  MG made it.  MG was a British company.
This is a British car.  Its about thirty years old."
"Oh," he said.  Then he tried to sell me a newspaper.

Will "I witnessed a kid's intro to lbcs*" Zehring

*but I'm worried he didn't get it.