Re: Getting the 75B to run

To: asl@ic.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Getting the 75B to run
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 95 17:12:31 -0700
In message <m0s10Wi-000w1UC@ic.net> Anthony Adamowicz writes:
> Howdy All:
>
> I am searching for some knowledge.  I have a 75B that does not want to start
> I turn the key to its first stop and get power, when I turn the key to the
> second spot where I believe the fuel pump should kick on the car tries to
> start.  I am pretty sure I am missing part of this sequence and I believe it
> to be the ignition switch.  Please let me know if I am on the right track
> and if so where I may find the part, British Victoria is out of stock.
> Thank you all much.

Assuming the 75 MGB works the same as a '68 MGB:

There are three posistions to the key switch, one is spring loaded and only
stays in that position if you hold the key there.

Position 1 = off (Headlamps & emergency flasher powered only)
position 2 = on (fuel pump on, electicity going to the ignition circuit + all
other electrics.  You should hear fuel pump pump up)
position 3 start. electricity same as 2 plus going to starter motor.

If the later B went to a 4 position switch, the extra position would be
accessories.  positions would be same as above with adition of:

position 0.5 = accessories. fuel pump, starter, ignition circuits off everything
else on.

Hope this answers your question.

TeriAnn Wakeman              .sig closed for remodeling
twakeman@apple.com