brake pipes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: brake pipes
From: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu (Allen Bachelder)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 12:54:57 -0400
The weather is starting to warm up and it is time to roll out the
67 BGT. This summer I hope to get the hydraulics in shape.

Has anyone found a good source for replacement brake lines? I am always
looking for a bargain but I would rather spend more money to get exact
replacments. I have very little time to work on the car and I would
rather replace than fabricate.

Thank you,

- -Mark     = =o&o

Mark -
Last time around,  I got 'em from The Roadster Factory in Armagh, PA.  I
found them listed in most catalogs, but some vendors had wrong numbers and
fittings.  I had to send some of these back.  TRF may have been the only
one who had it right at that time ('91).  The fittings for my '73 were all
correct (although, of course, different from your '67) and the prices were
reasonable.  They arrived coiled and I had to bend them to the proper shape
myself.  With a good pipe bender, some patience, and the old ones to use as
a model, this was time consuming but not difficult.  The bends do not need
to be absolutely precise duplicates of the originals - only close enough so
the lines don't get kinked while coaxing them into the original routing.  I
am now converting my '73 BGT to silicone, but my original lines are in good
shape - I am only blowing them out and detailing them.  ("only!").  But I
rebuilt front calipers, replaced rear cylinders, all hoses,  and ' am
currently getting the master cylinder rebuilt.

While you're at it - you too might want to consider silicone.  Although I
can't yet speak from experience, I look forward to brake fluid that won't
eat paint or collect moisture.

' Hope this helps.
Allen