RE: Temp guages

Subject: RE: Temp guages
From: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <LEW@p01.uci.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 95 08:49:00 PDT
Lew Hosier writes:
>    Does anyone out there have any expirence testing temp guages?
>Mine doesn't respond even to a touch from my 4amp battery charger. The temp
>guage seems to be the most expensive single part in my Victoria British
>Catalogue $ 399.00!  Are they repairable, are there any places that
>recondition them?

Lew -

Contact a company called APT Instrument Services at 9632 Humboldt Ave.
South, Minneapolis, MN (612-881-7095) and ask for Chuck Kulbeth. These folks
are absolute whizzes at rebuilding instruments. As an example, I had them
rebuild (strip to the frame, regear, clean, rejewel, new (domed) lens, and
calibrate) an old chronometric speedo from an MG TD. The instrument was like
brand new when I got it back (in 5 days). Total cost was $125. Most other
instruments for similar service is somewhat cheaper. These folks a good!
Many rebuilding services use them as subs for overflow or difficult work.

Regards,
Lew Palmer
Minnesota MG T Register
lew@uci.com