MGB door handles

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB door handles
From: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu (Allen Bachelder)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 12:44:48 -0400
As to the door handle problem I replied to earlier: I hadn't realised the
window might be in the way when tightening the locking nut! Sorry about that.
I did mine half a year ago when rebuilding after a respray, but probably
had the windows out when putting the door handles back on. Still, with
the window all the way up, I expect you will be able to get to the locking nut
from below by reaching through the hole in the door underneath the trimming.
Removing the trimming is easy, just take care not to break the plastic bezels
surrounding the handles on the inside.

Good luck

Frank van Dalen

'69 MGB

I've had much better luck rolling the window all the way down and reaching
the locknut through the window opening.  Granted, you have a heck of a time
snugging the locknut with some sort of make-shift tool - but the only way
to avoid that is to remove the handle, tighten (hoping you haven't messed
up the adjustment) and replace - which means you have the same hassle with
the nut on the forward part of the handle! And you have that hassle twice -
once to get it off (don't drop it inside the door!) and once to get it back
on.
Allen