Fading Radio

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fading Radio
From: ALESiegel@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 08:22:36 -0400
I have just joined the MG list, and have an MGB which has a 1973 drive train
installed in a 1977 body - a move motivated by finding an entirely pristine
body, and a limited bank account. My problem has to do with my radio - the
volume has suddenly decreased, so that even when the knob is turned to its
highest setting, the sound is barely audible. This situation changed
suddenly, and seemed coincidental with an alternator failure, and my
installation of a factory-rebuilt Lucas 1816.  I did not do the repair
myself, because the connector to the alternator needed to be replaced, and
resoldered, and I am squeamish about attempting those sorts of electrical
repair. The mechanic who sis the work is extremely reputable. I wonder if
anyone has any ideas what might have happened to the radio. Is it related to
the alternator change, and what to do.

It is great fun getting back to MG's and their owners - I had a 1963 MGB in
the 60's, made many friends, and learned a lost about improvising repairs. I
find myself more cautious as I am older, so I need help with finding courage
to tackle repairs once again!
Thanks,

Alan Siegel
AlESiegel@aol.com