Run-on in 78 B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Run-on in 78 B
From: Mark5757@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 1995 20:46:30 -0400
I recently bought a 78 MGB.  My previous British cars were all prior to 69
and didn't have any pollution control equipment.  This car has had the smog
pump, air rails, converter, etc removed.   After the usual tune up the car
runs beautifully and gets reasonably good mileage.  My problem is this, the
car wont shut off unless I stall it out.  There is a run-on valve with a
small hose that leads from the manilfold to it.  I dont know how to test this
valve or if it is the cause of the problem.   Any advice will be appreciated.

Mark5757@AOL.COM