RE: What type of paint was the body of my 78 B painted with?

To: slindsay@nyx.cs.du.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: What type of paint was the body of my 78 B painted with?
From: DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 1995 22:09:21 -0500 (CDT)
slindsay@nyx.cs.du.edu (Steve Lindsay) asks:
>What type of paint was the body of my 78 B painted with?
>Was it lacquer?

My '76-'77 (titled as a 77, but Comm.No. is a '76) seems to have come in
enamel, but I just repainted it in laquer.  When I tested the original
paint with lacquer thinner, it bubbled right up.  But by covering the
entire car with a few coats of a good primer/surfacer, I had no trouble.

Lee M. Daniels   Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding   Texas A&M
 daniels@tamu.edu            (409) 845-3726          Fax (409) 845-9351