radio & speaker

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: radio & speaker
From: F.vanDalen@LR.TUDelft.NL (Dalen)
Date: Tue, 2 May 95 09:24:07 +0200
Good morning all,

Here is a radio question for you. My '69 B has the original radio still in it,
proudly saying 'British Motor Corporation' on the front. After the electrical
problems I've had, I was astonished to find it still working after I cleaned up
the mechanical part of it. It has mono sound and AM only, but I want to use it
anyway. I bought a new speaker for it, now... where is it supposed to go?

The radio is mounted in the tunnel console. Speakers were mounted in the trim
panels between the doors and the wheel wells when I bought the car, a lousy
amateur job and obviously not original. I have the '69 US dash with the energy
absorbing bit on the passenger's side, no glove compartment. I believe the
British and European models at that time had the radio in the dash and the
speaker in the console, but does anyone of you know where the MG company put the
speaker/speakers on the '68/'69 US models?

Any comments much appreciated,

Frank van Dalen