re: 69B radio and speaker

Subject: re: 69B radio and speaker
From: John Van Valkenburgh <jvan@nando.net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 07:22:54 -0400 (EDT)
>Here is a radio question for you. My '69 B has the original radio still
>in it, proudly saying 'British Motor Corporation' on the front.
[snip]
> I bought a new speaker for it, now... where is it supposed to go?

I've got a '70 MGB which also has the dash without a glove box.  As I
recall, the speaker is mounted in the right footwell facing down (about
where a glovebox would go).  It sits on top of the cardboard panel.  The
panel on my car has cutouts to allow the sound to pass.  I don't know how
good this arrangement will sound, but the speaker is entirely out of sight.

John Van Valkenburgh
Raleigh, NC