Re: MGA Suppliers

To: weind@ucsub.colorado.edu
Subject: Re: MGA Suppliers
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 22:16:09 -0400
Re: MKll vs earlier A's:
The Mkll has disk brakes as does the MKl, as opposed to the rather British
(read ODD) twin front brake cylinder drum systems of the 1500 models. The
drums work fine, but disks have their benefits.
The tail lights are different, there is upholstry on the (other years painted
metal) dash, and the values and prices are higher. The 1622 has the same
gearbox as the early B, making one thing a bit easier to get parts for, the
1500s have a few internal differences and different input shaft splines, and
early 1500s have a different output shaft design...sliding yolk instead of
flange plate.
In other words...really power, brakes and price...
By the way I have one for sale (MKll) if you are interested in coming to
Northern California...Email me for details.
Johnmowog@aol.com