Re: mgb turn signals

To: James Robert Mcdougal <jmcd@cats.ucsc.edu>
Subject: Re: mgb turn signals
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Sat, 06 May 1995 11:29:58 +0600
James Robert Mcdougal <jmcd@cats.ucsc.edu> writes:

>       I have just signed on to this great mailing list, and I would
>apreciate it if someone could give me some advice on my turn signals. I
>have owned my chrome bumper '74 MBG for about three years now, And my
>turn signals have never worked in all that time.

Check out your hazard lights switch.  If its rocking action a little loose,
that's your problem.

If I remember correctly, it's a double-pole/double-throw type switch.  When
the hazards are engaged, the regular turn signal circuits are cut out.  But
when the hazards are disengaged, the switch sometimes won't re-enable the
turn signal circuits.  Replacement is easy, but probably not cheap.
--
Jay Tilton     | Hoka hey!
jtilton@vt.edu |