re: John Twist

To: MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: re: John Twist
From: Colin Brace <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Mon, 08 May 1995 12:32:00 -0500 (EST)
       I, for one, think it is a great asset to have John Twist accessible
       here on the list.  In my opinion, if there were more people doing the
       quality of work John does on MG's, we'd probably still be able to buy
       new MGs here in the US of A. As to commercial content, Dana Harvey
       represents The Roadster Factory on the British cars list, I know he's
       helped me with a couple of questions, as I'm sure he has many others.
       Dick Burger is here, from Mainely MGs/British Parts Connection, he's
       also been a source of help to many including me. I joined the New
       England MG Car Club because of him. As long as the commercial content
       isn't blatant or constantly sledghammering, no problem. This isn't
       PBS. Having said that, I do agree that those "Why don't you ask John
       Twist" posts of a month or so ago WERE a bit over the top.

       John Twist's enthusiasm for the marque is second to none on this side
       of the "pond". I am on several other car and historical lists, and it
       seems each one has a (very) few special people, for one reason or
       another, each list would be much the poorer without them. I feel very
       strongly that John Twist falls into this category.

       My 2 cents

       Colin        WA1KWA

       bracec@a1.mgh.harvard.edu

       74 MGB