Bought a '67 Midget!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bought a '67 Midget!
From: "Ramm, Andy" <ARAMM@sv.tbgi.com>
Date: Tue, 09 May 1995 12:35:52
Hi all!  I'm a new member on the list, having just purchased my first
vintage car, a BRG '67 Midget.  I love this thing and it looks like it
won't take very much work to get it running perfectly (it's pretty close
as it is).  The body is straight, though it needs paint.  I've gotten rid
of all the oxidation, but I may eventually bondo all the little divets
and do a nice prep job and have it re-done.  The interior is pretty good
too and all the electrics seem to work pretty well, though the heater
blower is disconected.  I'll be testing this out during the weekend.

This is a California car, so rust is minimal, and aside from being
dismally filthy when I got it, seems to be OK.  The only major
undertaking is replacing the 1st/2nd gear shift fork.  I imagine this is
a good afternoon's work start to finish, but shouldn't be tough.  Any
advice that people can lend me on this subject would be appreciated.  The
car has the original 1275 engine and transmission as well.  I may put new
rings and small-end bearings when I pull the engine as well.

I am, however, missing a couple of key things.  One of the front turn
signal lenses was broken.   I have the clear versions.  Lucas doesn't
make these anymore, so does anybody have a reasonable source for this?
Also, the car was fitted with later over the shoulder harnesses.
However, there are no associated straps/recepticles for the chrome claw
to hook in to (this is the non-mechanical hook).  Any ideas here?

Many thanks in advance,

Andy Ramm

'67 MG Midget MkIII

'74 GT550