Re: tonneau questions

To: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tonneau questions
From: HY FREEDMAN - 6036 <HFREEDMAN@MtRoyal.AB.CA>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 14:03:00 -0600 (MDT)
]From:  NETMAIL::"wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu" 10-MAY-1995 08:02:41.00
]To:    NETMAIL::"mgs@autox.team.net"
]CC:
]Subj:  tonneau questions
]
]Fellow fiends:
]
]I'm thinking of getting a full tonneau cover for my '63B.  You haven't lived
]until you've tried to put down the early folding tops.  They are an absolute
]tangle of joints, ribs, and vinyl.  I'm assuming that sooner or later we in
]the Great Lakes area will have some top down weather and I'm thinking that a
]tonneau would be a nice addition (so the top won't have to go up/down so
]frequently).  I have no great illisions regarding the ability of a tonneau
]to fully seal out "weather" but I still think the early top mechanism is a

        My tonneau cover on the 66 B seals out rain quite nicely.  At
least no noticeable wetness inside.

]major nuisance.  No, this car does not have the early top frame that stores
]in the trunk.  This one is deffinately one of those demonic folding ones.  I
]could have done a better job with my erector set!
]
]To my question:  at the rear the tonneau attaches just like the top does.

        If you mean the rag top cover, - yes

]How does it attach at the front?  My guess is there are three snaps: one
]below each wing window and one in the vicinity of the rear view mirror post
]on the dash.  Yes/no?  My car is not equipped with these snaps so I guess

        yes.  The tonneau has same snaps as the cover in the back.
There are also snaps on the side (from memory - car is outside) just
behind where the door closes (i.e. behind the seats).  Now the front -
yes, three snaps, two at the corners, and one where you said.  The
tonneau cover has a long zipper that closes to this front center as
well, thus ziopping down, and then snapping - much like a snap and
zipper on a jacket.

]some drilling is in order (cringe).
]
]Will Zehring
Y. H. ("Hy") Freedman - Instructor
        Computer Science and Information Systems Department
        Mount Royal College

voice: 403 - 240 - 6036 (MRC) fax: 403 - 240 - 6664 (MRC)
voice/fax: 403 - 850 - 0661 (Personal, call first for Fax)
Post Address: 4825 Richard Road S.W., Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T3E 6K6

InterNet:       HFREEDMAN@MTROYAL.AB.CA