Re: tonneau questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tonneau questions
From: glenns@edge.ercnet.com (Glenn Schnittke)
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 19:25:26 -0500
>Fellow fiends:
>
>I'm thinking of getting a full tonneau cover for my '63B.  You haven't lived

z-z-z-i-p

>To my question:  at the rear the tonneau attaches just like the top does.
>How does it attach at the front?  My guess is there are three snaps: one
>below each wing window and one in the vicinity of the rear view mirror post
>on the dash.  Yes/no?  My car is not equipped with these snaps so I guess
>some drilling is in order (cringe).
>
>Will Zehring

Will,

I've got a regular snap at the bottom of each windscreen pedestal and a
lift-dot on the right side of the center support. On the rear, there is no
side hook but only the deck clips and lift-dots. I've got a zipper about 3
in. long right in front of the last dot on the side so I can just unsnap the
front and fold the whole thing behind the seats, taking the place of the
hood cover. The 3 in. zippers are to let the seat belt through. I love the
thing and when I'm by myself, using the passenger side cover decreases the
drag of an open cockpit. It also keeps papers and stuff from flying around.

GS

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com             72147.3635@compuserve.com