I figured it out!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: I figured it out!
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 16:14:53 +0500
Fellow fiends:

Regarding Allen's '78:

I've got it!  I got it!  It's as plain as the day is long!  It was the splay
wheel torque adjustment lock washer distance piece (aka your swtalwdp)!
Everyone knows that if your splay wheel torque adjustment lock washer
distance piece goes out you gradually loose power.  I learned that back in
shop class.  Heck, you can look under that hood until kingdom come but you
wont get anywhere until you replace that pesky splay wheel torque adjustment
lock washer distance piece.  Yessirreee.  And by crackie, they still only go
for about 3$.

I got it right, didn't I Allen?  What do I win?  Lots of money?

Will "I can't take it anymore" Zehring