Drunken MGB GT Driver.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Drunken MGB GT Driver.
From: Rob Forster <u01rtdf@eng.abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 May 1995 09:33:21 +0100 (BST)
        Last week I had a most disturbing experience.  On the way from
Uni Halls to Aberdeen Centre, we passed an Indian Takeaway called "The
Khyber Pass".  Original name, huh?

        Standing outside the shop was an Black, W registration (British
so 1980 I think) MGB GT.  It looked quite a nice car, but of course it
was raining and dark.  I took a closer look, ie from 10 metres away and I
walked round to the rear.  Just then I heard a drunken voice.  Out of the
pub came an abusive and drunken Scottish guy.  Most Scots seem fairly
unpleasant when drunk!

        He blared out, "What are you looking at!  That's my car that is.
blah blah blah"

        "Really?", I asked while walking over to him."I have a 1974..."

        "No you f'in don't.  That's my car and you can just ...", he slurred.

He was completely pished and most abusive.  I just turned away and walked
away as I didn't want any thing else to do with him.  He kept on shouting
even though I was again with my friends a good 100 metres away.
Disgraceful behaviour.

Anyway, I did not think of asking him if he was intending to drive
home(drunk).
MGBs are not the best handling cars compares to the modern day ones,
especially in Aberdeen weather and road conditions.  I found this out
yesterday in my Nova when some twerp pulled out in front of me as I had
10 metres to run to her at 30mph.  Horn, Brakes, Skid with turning,
counteract release brake and car snaps away from the wall on the
otherside.  Lucky escape and lucky no-one was coming the other way.  It
had just been hailstoning so there was ice on the road.  She still didn't
see me although I had full headlights on!

Oh well..  I had better go.  I run into a new MG every day.  Yesterday
was the best.  2 completely new MGB GTs to me.

Rob

  | Robert T.D. Forster       | http://www.eng.abdn.ac.uk/~u01rtdf            |
  | Department of Engineering | http://www.eng.abdn.ac.uk/~u01rtdf/MG/mg.html |
  | University of Aberdeen    | Email:  u01rtdf@abdn.ac.uk                    |