Re: Quality Convertible Tops

To: JOHN WHITEHEAD <WHITEJ@sunynassau.edu>
Subject: Re: Quality Convertible Tops
From: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 May 1995 10:22:31 -0600 (MDT)
John,

I don't recommend the softtops available thru VB and Moss.  There is a
company in England that has far better quality tops for MG's.  The
quality and thickness of the vinyl in the USA is not as good as the UK
versions.

I bought a nice top for my '78 Midget about three years ago and have been
very happy with it.  It cost slightly less including the shipping from
England, but the wait was worth it to me, (about three weeks).

I am currently attempting to find a quality top for a '75 Spitfire that I
just purchased.  I am searching in England for this also.

The name of the company I used for my Midget was called:

        Blueprint Spares in Hertford.

(I am at work right now so I don't have the full address and fax or tel#)

Blueprint had a very high rating in a survey of quality and service from
the MG Owners Club in England.

Let me know if you want further details.

Nick D Benson
Dept. of Industrial Sciences and Construction Management
Colorado State University
Fort Collins  CO

END