E-mail orders to UK (proposal)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: E-mail orders to UK (proposal)
From: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 15:38:39 -0600 (MDT)
        I've been on and off this newsgroup for a few months and wondered
who is actually in "charge."  Who is our "leader."  The reason is that I
think that we should collectively approach the MG Owners Club, Ron
Hopkinson, M&G International, Blueprint Spares etc. etc. and ask them to
open an e-mail account.  There are companies operating commercially in the
UK, since I write to two old friends there.
        The convenience would be great for us "over here."
I've had both bad and good experiences with the MGOC.  They performed
wonderfully with a set of re-conditioned front shocks for my '78 Midget,
but screwed up a softtop order for a friend.  I saved a fortune on the
shocks since VB and Moss wanted $200 each for new ones!!!!  I think the two
cost about $75 including shipping.
        Anyway, anyone have any suggestions about this.  I'm very keen to
to arm-twist one of those companies to try it for six months.  I'm sure
the orders from the USA would pay for their set-up costs.
        I guess we'd have to set up some operating rules though, so we
wouldn't be too long winded about what we needed. After all, someone
would have to sit and read all of it daily.