Re: E-mail orders to UK (proposal)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: E-mail orders to UK (proposal)
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 10:39:12 -0500
On 18 May 95 at 15:38, Nick Benson wrote:

>       I've been on and off this newsgroup for a few months and wondered
> who is actually in "charge."  Who is our "leader."

Mark Bradakis is the current "keeper of the flickering Flame", as he runs the
server that the Team.Net mail lists and web server reside on. But, I believe he
is not on this list. The basic rules have been determined by SOL'ers over the
years, and the list content itself is also a combined effort.

> think that we should collectively approach the MG Owners Club, Ron
> Hopkinson, M&G International, Blueprint Spares etc. etc. and ask them to
> open an e-mail account.

Anyone is welcome to participate, or encourage friends and other British-Car
resources to do so. But much of what you describe has little to do with the
lists, and more to do with how the company's operate. As recently mentioned,
these lists are not the place for commercial activity, that is best dealt with
in private e-mail, or a company's own list or server.

> I'm very keen to to arm-twist one of those companies to try it

We are seeing more and more vendors on the net. Some have found it hard to deal
with, while others find it a great resource.

>       I guess we'd have to set up some operating rules though.

That, we already have. For more details, refer to the introduction you received
when you joined the list, and:
http://www.team.net/www/corp-use.html

or ftp to ftp.team.net and get /misc/company.use

   ________
  /     _  \    Roger Garnett             (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /   /||  \ \   Agricultural Economics   | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |\/ ||  _  |  3 Warren Hall            | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| |   ||   | |  Cornell University       |
 \    ||__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!