RE: MGS FAQ and TD Parts Sources?

To: MGS <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGS FAQ and TD Parts Sources?
From: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <LEW@p01.uci.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 95 16:17:00 PDT

>1.  Is there an archive of frequently asked questions (FAQ) available for
the
>TD?  If not just for the TD, is there one available for MGs in general?

Not specifically for the TD, although there are a number of TD owners that
hang out here. We're always open to questions.

>2.  If not already covered in the FAQ, any advice on good sources for TD
>parts, preferably at "reasonable" prices, would be appreciated.  As you can
>imagine,I'm going to need everything except the major (metal) body parts.
 I dealt
>with Moss Motors in California the last time I needed parts and I assume
they're
>still in business.  I'll be located in Mississippi, USA, so sources close
>that area would be nice.

Moss is still in business. Much larger now that they have acquired many
UK-based parts suppliers. You can order a T-type catalogue from them at
1-800-MOSSUSA.

Gerry Goguen is another good source. He is the proprietor of Abingdon Spares
in New Hampshire. My mind is going and I can't think of the exact town.
Maybe someone else here can help with town and/or phone number. He also has
a catalog available.

Just about anyone else you run into selling MG parts is either an agent of
one of these, or does not carry a full line of spares.

>3.  Also if not already included in the FAQ, any advice on literature on
the
>restoration of TDs would also be appreciated.  I have the shop repair
manual
>for the car but that's about it.

The workshop manual is a very good start. Another good book, especially with
an eye toward originality is The T-Series Handbook published by the New
England MG T Register. Both suppliers will carry this book.

My best advice is to join a club catering to the T series MGs. The New
England MG T Register is a good start, but there's nothing like a local club
for advice, moral support, and just good fellowship. I don't have a list
from the southeast, but the NEMGTR should be able to put you in touch with
the locals. Write to the NEMGTR at Drawer 220, Oneonta, NY.

Welcome back into the MG fold and good luck with the TD!

Regards,
Lew Palmer
lew@uci.com
1932 MG J2