Re: leaf spring sag

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: Re: leaf spring sag
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 15:55:33 -0500 (PDT)
cedwards@pinn.net writes:
> I had the leaf springs in my '73 B-GT re-arched.  For about $150 total
> they do all the work.  The results are great:  The car sits level and
> handles very well.  I was at a British Car Show on Sunday and I noticed
> that all the B-GTs there, even those which were otherwise well restored,
> had leaf spring sag.  But, it can be easily corrected.

How long ago did you have this done, and (if more than a couple of years
ago) how are they holding up?  I've been told that re-arched springs
don't hold their shape very long.  For about $150 total I can get new
ones from the usual suppliers.

Also, where do you go to have this done?  I looked in the Yellow Pages,
under "Re-archers, leaf spring", but I didn't find anything...

Also also, has anybody anywhere at any time given any thought to
developing a rear coil spring conversion kit?  Am I stupid for even
suggesting such a beast?

--

Todd Mullins
todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil     On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast