Re: Lever Shock Oil

To: mgs@autox.team.net, gerry@hostel.lincroftnj.ncr.com
Subject: Re: Lever Shock Oil
From: "Ramm, Andy" <ARAMM@sv.tbgi.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 11:37:04 -0400
This tube-shock idea sounds great!  Who is this J.C. Whitney guy and
where do I get one of his catalogs?  Also, wont this conversion increase
unsprung weight (sorry, it's a dumb motorcycle question that is probably
pointless to ask with the Smidgin)?

Thanks,

Andy

----------------Original Message Follows----------------

Before you consider buying rebuilt lever arm shocks, think about the

tube-shock conversions. J.C.Whitney sell a set for ~$100 and the when

it comes to replaceing the shock you finll find that they cost about $20

each. Rebuilt lever arm are about $200 for a set.

regarding your anti-roll bar : crawl under the front of the car and take

a look at the ends of the 2 box girders which extend to the very front

of the car. Just behind the front valence there should be 4 captive bolts

to which the anti-roll bar attaches. I believe ALL 1/2 eliptic sprung
cars

had anti-roll bars fitted as original.

gerry

---------------- End of Original Message -----------------