Re: Lever Shock Oil & tube shocks

To: mgs@autox.team.net, gerry@hostel.lincroftnj.ncr.com
Subject: Re: Lever Shock Oil & tube shocks
From: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu (Allen Bachelder)
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 15:45:13 -0400
Andy Ramm writes:

This tube-shock idea sounds great!  Who is this J.C. Whitney guy and
where do I get one of his catalogs?
----------------Original Message Follows----------------

Before you consider buying rebuilt lever arm shocks, think about the

tube-shock conversions. J.C.Whitney sell a set for ~$100...

I don't have the info in front of me but one of the currently-available
tube-shock conversions
(' believe it uses the old lever-arm shocks as upper control arms) is
claimed to have an inherent safety problem (which I cannot recall).  I'll
try to get the info when I'm at home tonight, but maybe somebody else on
the list can fill in the blanks sooner than that.

Check it out carefully.

Allen Bachelder