Re: MASTER CYLINDER SECRETS

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MASTER CYLINDER SECRETS
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 20:48:23 -500
> Can't get the clutch
> to disengage. Slave cylinder was just rebuilt.

Are the hydraulics working or not? That will take us in one of 2 different
directions... (Does the pushrod move on the slave?) and, Where did you get a
bleed'en slave cylinder kit for a Z? I could use one too, but I know they're
differnt than the A, B, etc...

>The car sat in a damp garage for 21 years before arriving in my yard.

Sounds like a candidate for a stuck disk- start in gear, clutch in, drive
around and slam the brakes, and all that fun.

> The instructions go on to suggest removal of the pedal
> pivot. I'm hoping to yank the m/c out without disturbing
> the pedals.

> Anyone been here before?

Yup, yup. You got's to remove the pedals to get the MC out. I'll be doning it
again too- the brake cyl. bore has a rough spot, that does in one of the
seals. It'll be getting replaced with the MC from the Bugeye, when the Bugeye
gets converted to dual circuit brakes...

Say, has anyone got an extra MGA MKII front end setup- King pins, disks,
calipers, etc? It'd be nice to upgrade the Magnette. I've been thinging ablut
doing the machine work to make an MGB kingpin setup fit...
   ________
  /     _  \    Roger Garnett             (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /   /||  \ \   Agricultural Economics   | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |\/ ||  _  |  3 Warren Hall            | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| |   ||   | |  Cornell University       |
 \    ||__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!