Octane

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Octane
From: ilweiner@sover.net (Ira Weiner)
Date: Mon, 29 May 1995 14:01:20 -0500
Thanks to all who responded to my question on octane rating.  I have tried
running on 89 octane unleaded this last tank of gas and something strange
has happened...At least I think its strange.  On this tank of gas on three
or four occassions the engine has run fine on the road, but when I arrive
home and let up on the gas the engine runs very rough with the tach reading
around 500 rpm at idle. ( Usually I run at around 800 rpm).  The charge
light lights up at these times and then the engine dies, unless I give it
more gas.  I dont know if the throttle screws need to be turned in a bit or
what.  I think that's what I'm going to try, unless someone has a better
idea.

Ira Weiner
Marlboro, VT
'68 MGB with original SU's