MASTER CYLINDER REBUILD/ ZB

To: mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MASTER CYLINDER REBUILD/ ZB
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HPATC1.desk.hp.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 95 09:16:00 -0400
Thanks for all the advice and sugestions about rebuilding
the master cylinder on my ZB. I was successful in getting
the m/c rebuilt on Saturday. And, no I never did discover
what the "pedal mask" is.

And, Roger Garnett, you do not have to remove the pedal
pivot pin. Nor do you have to remove the clevis pins.
Simply disconnect the fluid line from the front of the
m/c, remove the two mounting bolts, lift the m/c free
from the car. I was able to purchase the clutch rebuild
kit from Mar V. at British Auto Salvage. I think it is
inch and a quarter. (Roger, how about those plans to
drop in an 1800? I e-mailed to you for the how-to's, but
got no response. Did your maggie have the 1800 already in it?
Did you put it in? What changes need to be looked at/into?)

Several people suggested that the clutch would be seized. Not
so. It did take some time to get the clutch to disengage.

The biggest problem is the brake lines are like swiss cheese.

But, that is for another day. Anyway, there is a garage at the
down hill end of my drive and that worked just fine to stop the
car after I snappped the twenty-year old, seized parking brake
cable.

The maggie moves on its own power! That was the goal for the weekend.