Re: RHD Midget

To: Bryan Slatner <kimk@rmii.com>
Subject: Re: RHD Midget
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 14:11:33 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 31 May 1995, Bryan Slatner wrote:

> What changes are required to convert a 1970 LHD Midget to a RHD Midget.  The
> modifications I can think of offhand are:
>
>   1) Steering rack
>   2) Wiring harness
>   3) Dash
>   4) Brake/Clutch hydraulic lines
>   5) Choke cable?

It is feasible, but why?  Anyway, I don't think any significant wiring
changes would be needed, except to shorten the harness that leads to the
dip switch.  I don't think the choke position changes.  I am not sure
about the windshield wipers.  I have not compared RHD and LHD midgets, but
you would at least need to adjust the sweep.  In some RHD cars, the pivot
position may be different.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910