Re: leaf spring sag

To: MORRISGARAGE@delphi.com, gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu
Subject: Re: leaf spring sag
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 12:23:31 -0400
> Warning:  this is a serious reply offered in the hope of contributing to
> the end of this thread.

Snip

> I was distraught to discover, after 4 years work, that my lovely little
> bugeye had a decided tilt to the left, even when empty.  I had visions of
> a warped frame or some horrible mistake when I was welding in the rockers.
> I looked the car over carefully, and found that the left *front*
> suspension appeared to be sagging.  I replaced the *front* springs, and
> the problem was solved.  So don't focus entirely on the rear springs; mine
> are 35 years old and appear to be fine, but the coils got tired in front.

I had a 1990 Olds Cutlass with Coils all around. From the back it looked like
it was sagging. Two new front springs later all was fixed. I haven't gotten to
the front end on my BGT yet, but, the PO seems to have wedged blocks in the
front spring coils. I assume the car was sagging. When it is front end time
I'll take the blocks out before I replace the springs and see if it sags.

- -Mark   = =o&o