Re: Radio converters ad nauseum

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MVDNS1.MV-oc.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Radio converters ad nauseum
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.mv-oc.Unisys.COM
Date: 07 JUN 95 15:36
  re the "boom box" method:  you're pretty safe in most cases, but way
back when I was loathe to perforate my car to put in an antenna, I
used a small cassette player with a 12v-9v converter out of the cigar
lighter.  Problem was, the cassette player had a metal case, and when it
slid over and touched the brake handle...  BBZZZZZZTTTTttttt t t t.......
That was the end of the voltage converter!  I never could convince the
guy that it was defective and I should have my money cheerfully refunded!
The cassette player survived, but it was interesting that no fuses blew...

*Philippe Tusler - El Toro, CA           | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV-OC.unisys.com | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*