re: The PO is an idiot story

To: mgs@autox.team.net, AANTON%6600%FCDSSA@hercules.nswses.navy.mil
Subject: re: The PO is an idiot story
From: "Ramm, Andy" <ARAMM@sv.tbgi.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 1995 12:40:14
Yeah, but I only paid 500 bucks, and it's been a reliable daily driver
despite the initial maladies.  BTW, the body is straight too and it's an
original California car.  Now who's the sucker?!  I'd say the PO got
frustrated and gave up 'cause he really didn't know what he was doing.

Cheers,

Andy

----------------Original Message Follows----------------

"Ramm, Andy" <ARAMM@sv.tbgi.com> Wrote:

| Well, evrytime I think an individual can't posibly be more

| brain damaged,

| I discover I'm wrong!  Here are some PO nightmare stories

| with the

| Smidgin.

| First, when I got the car, the points were beyond fried

| and the timing

| was WAY off, so it barely ran.  The 1st/2nd gear shift

| fork was bad, so

| no 2nd gear.  There was a bolt (?) sticking out of the

| mouth of one of

| the carburettors, just rattling around in there.  The

| choke cable was so

| badly frayed that it kept the choke stuck open.  The

| heater core wasn't

| even connected and the hose was plugged with yet another

| bolt.  The

| blower and the horn are not hooked up.  The seatbelt

| attachements that

| bolt to the transmission/driveshaft tunnel are missing on

| both sides.

| There was no oil in the dashpots and who knows when the

| engine oil had

| been changed last.

| So, I thought it couldn't get worse than that, but

| yesterday I go to

| change a bad valve cover gasket and figured that while I'm

| in there, I'll

| adjust the valves.  Well, if a little clearence is good,

| no clearence

| must be better, right?  Every single valve was adjusted to

| the point

| where it was touching the tappet, and some were even

| keeping the valve

| open, if only by a hair!!!!

| Good lord what was this dufus thinking?!  So I adjusted

| them, and lo and

| behold, the car runs much smoother, accelerates better,

| and cruises much

| more easily on the freeway.  Imagine that!  Now if I could

| only figure

| out why the bolt was in there....

| Anybody else have a good PO horror story?  Please share!

| Cheers,

| Andy Ramm

| '67 Midget Mk III -- The Smidgin

| I'd say the PO saw a sucker coming and unloaded a Lemon. Good Luck!

 Andy

---------------- End of Original Message -----------------