Re: Triumph and MG colours (colors)

To: Greg Ridge <gridge@nando.net>
Subject: Re: Triumph and MG colours (colors)
From: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 1995 18:37:58 -0600 (MDT)
        I'll just add my two pennies worth here.
In 1993, a friend of mine came over from England and we COMPLETElY
restored a '76 Midget from two cars.  We spent the whole summer doing it,
professional paint job, the works.  BUT, the colour (color) grey (gray)
never looked right.  Everyone said the same thing, "is that gray or silver?"
        So, after spending about $3,000 on the project, he sold it in
Nevada with a Florida plate on it.
        What's my point?  We should have painted it the original British
Leyland
grey, or a solid silver, like the Miata, (horror of horrors.)
        Color is important on any LBC.

P.S.    Anyone out there seen this Midget in Nevada? I think it was in the
        Vegas area.  I am about 99% certain that a fellow "limey" bought
        it.

Nick D. Benson
Dept. of Industrial Sciences
Colorado State University