Re: Advanced Timing

To: baker@islandnet.com (Jack Baker)
Subject: Re: Advanced Timing
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 12:18:29 +0600
>Now people are
>telling me that the car couldnt run 35 advanced that my timing light has
>been dropped once to often. Any comments??

That would imply that your timing light has developed a phase difference
between detection of spark and triggering of strobe, which IMHO is virtually
impossible.  A timing light strobes the instant spark is detected, no delay
at all.  Simple devices that either work or don't work, and yours works.

I didn't write down the specifics, but I remember inadvertently running mine
at somewhere around 45 degrees BTDC @ 1500 RPM.  Ran like shit, but it ran
nonetheless.
--
Jay Tilton