Electronic Ignition/Tach modification

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Electronic Ignition/Tach modification
From: David Hall <dhall@hp-vcd.vcd.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 95 15:45:52 PDT
Hello All!

Since I've put in a crane electronic ignition, my tach has been behaiving
erratically.  (This is expected, and they tell you this in the installation
manual.)

They recommend that you remove a loop of wire from the current sensing coil
in the tachometer.  I just pulled my tach off and noticed that the wire
passes through the current sensing loop 3, not 2 times.  So, has anyone done
this?  Should I remove two or just 1 of the loops?

72 MGB/GT - Tach has internal current loop, not external..

Thanks!

Dave Hall
dhall@vcd.hp.com