Re: Correct socket for rear hub on MGB.

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Correct socket for rear hub on MGB.
From: "Eric L. Van Iderstine" <elv1@ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 13:09:27 -0500 (CDT)
> I'm trying to find out what the correct socket size is for the rear wheel
> on a '79 MGB - not the wire wheels....
>
> One catalog sez that they are 1 1/4", but that socket is too small.  I
> have a 36mm socket from my VW days, but thats too big.....

You're right, I just measured them (74 B, and my VB catalog says they
were used from 67-80)), and they were a 16th over1.25, that puts them
at 1 5/16" (1.3125") or 33.3375 mm.  I love my HP.

And a quote I vaguely remeber went "the only number accurate to 7 digits
is your phone number ."

Eric

Eric L. Van Iderstine - ME - Mississippi State University
elv1@Ra.MsState.Edu     http://www2.msstate.edu/~elv1
74 MGB & 85 Buick (until I finish the MG)

"An object at rest cannot be stopped." The evil midnight bomber
what bombs at midnight    FROM "THE TICK"