MG Midget Fuel Guage and Shocks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG Midget Fuel Guage and Shocks
From: ciaffone@nando.net
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 95 09:32:19 +0000
First, many thanks to all who wrote with info
about the fuel guage and sender.  I have a 72 Midget
with Negative ground, so I think I'm right in
thinking that when I ground the fuel guage lead
the guage should show full.  It does, so out will come
the tank and sender next week for further diagnosis.

Another little problem has surfaced.  While lying under
the rear of the car, gazing at its beauty, I noticed that
the lever arm on the right rear shock was NOT connected
to the shock.  I tapped it on over the splines so it
wouldn't knock off the fuel line from the pump.  There
seems nothing to hold it there.  Should I peen it over
or is there some fastener I am missing??

thanks in advance,

chuck

---------
// Chuck Ciaffone