Re: Voltage stabilizer

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Voltage stabilizer
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 00:07:31 -500
note: Bob H- here's another one for the tech page. rg

>From jurrasm@genesis.torrington.comFri Jul 14 18:22:19 1995

> >I'm am wondering if anyone has replaced the voltage stabilizer with a
> >three terminal regulator. This seems a more straight forward approch
> >since no dropping resister needs to be added to protect the zener.

This was thrashed out pretty completly here a few years ago. At the time Pat
Vilbrandt, our resident electrical engineer did a pretty good analysis, and
developed a working replacement. Of course, the voltage stabilizers do usually
do a pretty decent job, but if you want to update, here's what you do: