Re: your mail

To: ciaffone@nando.net
Subject: Re: your mail
From: 007 <jmel@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 10:47:34 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 18 Jul 1995 ciaffone@nando.net wrote:

> I just yanked the tank (heh) on my 72 Midget.
> It's full up with high-grade gasoline!!
> The plastic fuel float has a 3/8" slice right
> where the wire loop goes around it.  Any ideas on
> how to mend it or with what to replace it??  I'm
> thinking of either superglue or a biggg cork.
>
> Any ideas??
>
> chuck
> //-------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------
> // Chuck Ciaffone
> // 919-544-4878
> // ciaffone@nando.net

Had a similar problem last week - got many suggestions:

1. superglue a ping-pong ball to the wire loop
2. try a cork - some Jags use 'em
3. melt the plastic together again w/a soldering iron (being careful not
to get too hot -else you'll have a big hole!!)

I tried #3 (my hole was only 1/4"" tho) - worked gr8!!!!

Hope the ideas help

Jim Mellander