regarding insurance

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: regarding insurance
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 07:43:49 +0500
Fellow fiends:

After having read the postings from Hy Freedman (hail damage) and Lane
Rollins (MGA flambe), and the problems of dealing with insurance companies
and the uncertain world we live in...

I'm wondering about the usefulness of getting appraisal on our lbcs.  I
suppose one immediate problem might be that the insurance agency wouldn't
recognize the 'authority' of whomever did the appraisal?  How does one
locate an appraisor that is respeceted and recognized?  I've actually talked
to my insurance agent about this but he doesn't have specific advice.  I
think he sells more home insurance than lbc insurance.

I don't mean to start a thread on insurance compaines; after all, this is
the MGS list, but if anyone has advice on how to get an lbc appraised *for*
insurance purposes, I'd appreciate it.

Will Zehring