MGA Flambe - Part 2

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA Flambe - Part 2
From: laner@teleport.com (Lane Rollins)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 16:16:03 -0700
I've had several request for an update on what's going on with my somewhat
crispy MGA I thought I would post it to the list.

For those who missed the first part, the Thursday morning before the 4th of
July someone added a flamable liquid to my MGA and then threw in some
fireworks for good messure. The ensuing mess would be quit usable for Guy
Fawkes(sp?) day. The middle of the car is gone but the rest survived
reasonably well.

It's now over 4 weeks later and my fine insurance company is doing it's
best not to pay a red cent more than it has to. They used ADP/AutoSource to
do an appraisal, in my book atleast it came in over a couple thousand low
of what it should be. I went thru the so called appraisal and found several
items that were listed as in bad shape that I had supplied them with
receipts showing these items and been replaced. I also sent them the
current listing from the Cars of Particular Intrest price guide and names
and numbers of several cars that I have seen that are more in line with
what I felt my car was worth. I did skip the 1500 I saw that was $17000, it
was a good looking car but the price is totally out of line. All of this
has managed to get them to do a second appraisal.

I sure miss that stupid car, it was my driver in the summer and a general
blast to drive. If I didn't have my fathers TF to drive once in a while I
probably would have gone totally nuts by now (Save the jokes, thank you).

Lane