Re: Tranny oil

To: bhill@UA1VM.UA.EDU, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tranny oil
From: MGBDavid@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 09:11:47 -0400
I've used Castrol Synthetic 75w-90 in my MGB for the last year without
problems.  It seems to be slightly thinner than 90 wt. and doesn't have the
sulphur smell.  One thing I did notice, however, is that the trans makes a
slight whirring sound with clutch out in neutral where there was no sound
before using motor oil.  Shifting, however is fine.  I've owned this car for
ten years and trans has around 90k on it with no repairs other than a clutch
at around 80k.

-Now, all I need is a bigger garage.  Thinking about putting my newly
restored 65 Sprite in the living room as a coffee table, lounge chair, lbc
papasan, etc.  -any ideas?

Sincerely Urine,

David Cunningham
Clearwater, Fl