Re: paint it black

To: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Subject: Re: paint it black
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 15:42:13 -0400 (EDT)

> >For people who will quibble about the paucity of black MGB's, a lot of
> >black MGB's other than the '67 and '79 limited editions were SOLD by
> >dealerships, but they weren't black when they got here.  There was a GT
> >color combination of a lavender car with a yellow interior -- not beige,
> >yellow.  Almost all of these were painted black before being sold. In
> >'79, there was a Triumph TR7 that was painted a dark metallic blue-green
> >and had a black, grey, white and red plaid interior.
>

> FWIW:  I have an original advertisement for US MGBs from 1963 and they do
> indeed list black as a color offered for sale.  This is a US brochure so
> that may be a dealer applied color.

  Uh-oh.  I had intentions of painting my 74 MGB black (It's now tundra...
bleech).  The paint codes in the book my Lindsey Porter lists black as a
color for 74.  Is this not right?  It's the only original color listed in
there for the 74 year that I can stomach.  (Anybody know why all the colors
were so weird for that year?)

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation