shameless self-promotion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: shameless self-promotion
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 08:40:47 +0500
Fellow fiends:

It was a good weekend for Scuderia (sp?) Zehring.  My '63 B, "Old
Whitesides," took first place in "British Sports" at the Meadowbrook
Historic Races "Concours in the Park" in Clarkston, Michigan on Friday
evening (yipeeee).  I put the new water pump in on Thrusday evening and by
all appearances it was/is functioning perfectly.

Saturday I took the Morgan (Scott #1; I haven't told you about this yet) to
the Waterford Hills racetrack and enjoyed a day of vintage racing cars and
track action.  This included a "Marque Parade" on the course, with perhaps
60 Morgans, lead by the great-grandson himself, Charles Morgan.

Sunday my beloved spouse and I again took the Morgan to the Concours at
Meadowbrook Hall and once again joined in with the Morgan crowd (Morgan was
the featured Marque at this year's show, there were also a number of
absolutely drop-dead-stunning German cars, mostly pre-war Mercedes).  Really
wonderful show; way too many beautiful cars to describe.

[Perhaps not winning any points on the mgs list: I have to confess me and me
Mog took some pleasure in *decisively* passing a '52 TD on the way to the
show.]

My "Coolest car of the weekend award" goes to a 1906 Hupmobile, winner of
the Vanderbilt Cup in 19XX.  It is a 16 liter in-line four.  Yup, that's
right: each cylinder displaced more than twice the total for the B's engine
and almost 3 times the total for the Morgan.  Idles at about 150 RPM, boasts
125HP.  Right out of Jules Verne.

Will "I can die now" Zehring

P.S.  Paul Davidson: I looked for you but (obviously) didn't find you.
Beeyoootiful car!