Re: dual exhaust

To: Jay Tilton <jtilton@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: dual exhaust
From: "Eric L. Van Iderstine" <elv1@ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 19:27:39 -0500 (CDT)

Let me add to this that a MGB has 3 (three, I counted) exhaust ports.

What you need to do is get a theoretical, an experimental, and a
computational aerodynamicist to take a look at the problem.  Then choose
which of the three different answers is the closest thing that shouldn't
be built.

Dual exhausts past the 3 to 2 manifold is crazy.  My headers have a 3 to
1 (huge pipe), and would probably accomplish more.

Of course it has a Monza exhaust on it, so at the rear it looks like a
"dual" exhaust.

Eric L. Van Iderstine - ME - Mississippi State University
elv1@Ra.MsState.Edu     http://www2.msstate.edu/~elv1
74 MGB & 85 Buick (until I finish the MG)

"An object at rest cannot be stopped." The evil midnight bomber
what bombs at midnight    FROM "THE TICK"