MG Holiday Sweep Stake!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG Holiday Sweep Stake!
From: "Robert Hollingsworth" <SR059@ist2.co.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 09:45:43 GB/EIRE
Hi Everyone,

I'm about to set off on a weeks holiday around the west coast of
Scotland this weekend. (Yes I have seen the rainy forecast! Typical.)

Knowing how amazingly reliable MG's usually are in such
situations, how's about having a sweep stake on the number of times I
have to get under the bonnet? This includes oil top-ups, so I suppose
we could also have a sweep stake to guess the amount of oil used.
Should be around 800 miles - me thinks.

This leads me onto another question.

What is the highest mileage that any of you have done in your MG
without having to attend to the slightest thing? Should be
interesting as a guage of MG reliability.

MG Midget 79