more Re: Should I buy a 79 midget?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: more Re: Should I buy a 79 midget?
From: JAMES <JBMYERS@msuvx2.memphis.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 11:06:46 -0500 (CDT)
Another point. Although some may think maintaining/repairing old Britcars can
be expensive, has anybody else priced a starter for a 4-year old T*y*t* or
M*zd* lately??  In my experience, the MGB has been no more costly to own than a
newer, soulless, so-called "economy car".

Modern "economy" cars are economical ONLY if they don't break. Then they are
damned expensive. If you think $130 for an MGB starter is steep, how about $320
for a Corolla starter? Gads! And guess which one lasts longer? It ain't the one
from the land of the rising sun.

I just LOVE it when people tell me how they would like to own an MG, "but aren't
they expensive to fix?"

James "Phooey!" B.
'71 MGB
'71 LeSabre