re: TeriAnn's BGT

To: DamitDick@megaweb.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: TeriAnn's BGT
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 95 14:54:37 -0700
In message <199508162032.QAA03172@mail-e1a.megaweb.com> W. J. Richard Criswell
writes:

> >I can understand that.  I still have my '68 BGT largely because no one ever
> took
> >me up on my net offers to sell the beastie and I have been too lazy to put
> it
> >in the paper.
> >

> Just where is the beastie and what are you asking for it?
>
> Dick :>)
> Have MG will travel

The BGT is in Aptos California (North Monterey Bay near Santa Cruz) Previous two
owners lived in Silicon valley.  History, if any before then unknown.
---------------

1968 MGBGT
British Racing Green, black leather interior with white piping.
Engine rebuilt & balanced with less than 10K miles including clutch and hardened
valve seats.
overdrive transmission
master cylinder replaced about 3 years ago
All wheel cylinders, calipers, shoes, pads replaced about 5K miles ago.
Gas tank replaced about about a year ago.
Carbs recently completely refirbished by the Roadster Factory.
Distributer rebuilt with new weights & springs recently.
New rear bearings & ring & pinion about 4 years ago.
Body rust free except for some surface rust at scratches.
New SU fuel pump & SMOG pump
recent 12V battery

CUSTOM STUFF (I think it looks cool purists could replace quickly):
- stock petrol filler cap replaced by TR6 pop up cap
- Seventies black vertical grill without bright work recessed as far back as
possible in mouth and round fog laps placed in mouth opening.
- Overriders and rear badges removed.
- mid 70's center arm rest with storrage compartment

BAD STUFF:
- Paint badly worn & needs repainting
- Ding in each front wing.  Body shop once said about $300/ wing to fix, about
the same as purchasing a new panel.
-Slight overrider outline on back
- Needs new front suspension bushings
- chrome strip removed on one side (first step to get it ready for painting)
- interior needs to be freshened up
- 2 cracks in top of insturment panel
- Needs new wire wheels

- EXTRAS:
- have late seventies instrument panel which would add glove compartment and
insturment panel mounted air vents for better circulation
- have 1970 split rear bumper
- have new right inside door panel (room mate messed up old one)

This is one of those cars that is a very sound driver with an excellent
condition drive train, overdrive (it makes a BIG difference) new engine, brakes,
fuel tank & pump that looks a bit shabby.  There's no getting around that over
the last year I put a chunk of money into getting her into dependable driving
condition but that she needs another chubk of $$ to look attractive.

I think she's worth about $2K  Will consider trading BGT + cash for nice TR4

TeriAnn