Advice

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Advice
From: MACEDONIA <macedonia-statc@kaman.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 19:20:34 -0400 (EDT)
To All,

I'm hoping for a little advice. For the last couple of months I've been
searching
for a chrome bumpered B to restore. My search lead me to a 1973 B in
Connecticut.
The body has been stripped of all paint and all the metal work has been done
(new
rockers, floor boards and much more). The quality of the welding is good. My
problem
is that the owner has removed quite a few parts to restore another B and I'm
not sure
if the price he is asking is reasonable.

 As far as I can tell, he has removed and used the following:

        Front left & right wings
        Front valence
        Brake master cylinder
        Alternator
        Distributor
        Front & rear bumpers

In addition to this, the interior is completely stripped, and the dash,
windshield, side windows and chrome work have been removed and put into boxes.
Since I've never restored a B, I'm concerned that this will make it
unecessarily difficult to re-assemble because I won't have my "memory" to rely
on.

The engine, drive train, rear axle and wire wheels are still on the car (but I
think there
are "non-standard" leaf springs on the rear-end). According to the owner, the
car was
running when he bought it. It's currently sitting outside under a tarp.

He's asking $1,200. I'm thinking of offering $900. Am I nuts?

All opinions will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

David Macedonia [macedonia-statc@kaman.com]