Temp Gauges

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Temp Gauges
From: Andrew Smith <asmith@BayNetworks.COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 95 11:46:58 PDT
In a related vein to the Magnette discussion, I've been told that
my Healey (well it's an honorary MG for the purposes of this
list - built in the same factory) has a mercury capillary temperature
gauge. Does anyone know whether this is really
true? It has a "sender" unit in the water inlet with a long
metal tube up to the (Smith's) gauge and is soldered into the gauge
at the top. Are these things repairable or calibratable? - mine
never gets to read above about 130 degrees.

Andrew Smith
Palo Alto CA USA
'60 Healey 3000 Mk.I